otaku escape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The escape for anime veterans and fledglings.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Live Action, anyone?

Go down 
+2
angel fangs
Serenity
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Serenity

Serenity

Live Action, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:42 pm

Wasn't sure if this thread should be posted under tv or anime, so let me know if i'm posting in the wrong place. ^_^

So, does anyone here watch live action series or movies? I havent seen very many yet, but here's what I have seen:

Live Action Movies:
Love My Life (yuri)
Antique Bakery (BL-ish, well sort of)

Live Action series:
Gokusen Season 1 - Yamaguchi makes me laugh. XD
Ikemen Mendel Idol - what i'm currently watching. its hilarious
http://www.afterellen.com/node/43812

Anybody watching anything good right now?
Back to top Go down
angel fangs

angel fangs

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:20 am

Serenity wrote:
Wasn't sure if this thread should be posted under tv or anime, so let me know if i'm posting in the wrong place. ^_^

So, does anyone here watch live action series or movies? I havent seen very many yet, but here's what I have seen:

Live Action Movies:
Love My Life (yuri)
Antique Bakery (BL-ish, well sort of)

Live Action series:
Gokusen Season 1 - Yamaguchi makes me laugh. XD
Ikemen Mendel Idol - what i'm currently watching. its hilarious
http://www.afterellen.com/node/43812

Anybody watching anything good right now?

i've watched antique bakery the korean movie version!!! it was great, i love kim jae wook!!! i've heard they did a japanese live drama tv series of antique bakery, i don't know if that's actually true but i'd like to see it if it's real!!!

i haven't watched any other live action things cos i don't know any websites were you can find them and things keep being removed from youtube!!! i'd love to watch others though!!!
Back to top Go down
Serenity

Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:39 am

I watch live action series at this website: http://www.mysoju.com/

Antique Bakery was really cute. I didn't know there was a live action series too. I'll have to look for it online.
Back to top Go down
kimya
Mod Queen
kimya

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:53 pm

The only Live Action I ever saw was Nana. I actually need to read the Antique Bakery manga that Serenity sent me. I just havent' had the time recently. But when I do I totally plan on watching the Live Action show.
Back to top Go down
http://kimya-san.deviantart.com/
angel fangs

angel fangs

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:09 am

Serenity wrote:
I watch live action series at this website: http://www.mysoju.com/

Antique Bakery was really cute. I didn't know there was a live action series too. I'll have to look for it online.

thank you for the link!!! i've started watching mei-chan no shitsuji!!! i'm like half way through the first episode, but so far it's great!!!

kimya, i tried reading the nana manga, but i just didn't like the story!!! just not my cup of tea!!!
Back to top Go down
Serenity

Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:10 am

I saw the Nana live action movie, too. I totally forgot about that. It was okay, but I was not familiar with the manga or anime. I would have probably liked it better if I was also reading the manga or watching the anime. I've also seen Train-Man: Densha Otoko - Its about an otaku guy who falls in love with a regular girl and he gets advice from his online otaku friends about dating. It was really cute.
Back to top Go down
angel fangs

angel fangs

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:32 pm

Serenity wrote:
I saw the Nana live action movie, too. I totally forgot about that. It was okay, but I was not familiar with the manga or anime. I would have probably liked it better if I was also reading the manga or watching the anime. I've also seen Train-Man: Densha Otoko - Its about an otaku guy who falls in love with a regular girl and he gets advice from his online otaku friends about dating. It was really cute.

i've read the densha otoko manga!!! it is really great!!! i'll have to watch that!!!

ok i'm onto the third mei-chan no shitsuji episode!!! and it's still good!!!

Last edited by angel fangs on Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Akiahara
Admin
Akiahara

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:56 am

i really want to see the live action movie of antique bakery. i thought the anime was just so so. kinda disappointing... but... the movie... the men are like WOW. XD

the only other drama i've watched is hana yori dango.

eventually i'll get around to gokusen... one of these days...
Back to top Go down
https://otakuescape.darkbb.com
meesh

meesh

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:07 am

I've watched tons of J-dramas/movies: I think I did a post on this on LKH's board...I went to search but it was in one of the old threads...anyways... A list of what I have seen:

Based on mangas:

Gokusen (all 3 seasons)
Hana Yori Dango (both seasons + movie)
Hana Kimi (Hanazakari no Kimitachi e)
Detective Conan (2 movies)
Liar Game
Death note (movies)
Mei-chan no Shitsuji
Futatsu no Spica (Twin Spica)
Hachimitsu to Clover (Honey and Clover)
Bloody Monday
Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend)

Other J-Dramas:

Atashinchi no Danchi
Atsu-Hime (2 movies)
GiraGira
Koizara (the drama not the movie- skies of love)
Love Shuffle
Majo Saiban
Meitantei no Okite
Mr. Brain
Ninkyo Helper
Q.E.D
Regatta
Rescue
Room of King
Team Batista no Eiko
Teioh
Triangle
Voice

Movies:
Crows Zero
Ikagami
Shaloin Girl
Waruboro

Yes, I have way too much time on my hands
Back to top Go down
angel fangs

angel fangs

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:11 am

ok, since i last posted i've started watching hana kimi!!! i'm on to episode 6 now!!! and i love it, they got all the characters right!!! but wasn't akira supposed to be male??? cyclops

and i've watched half an episode of something called akihabara @ deep!!! it's about a group of otakus in akihabara!!! i'm loving the maid cafe scenes!!! and i have a question, they keep saying akiba in the english subs, what does it mean??? Embarassed i feel dumb!!!
Back to top Go down
angel fangs

angel fangs

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:35 am

ok i've just finished the 11 episode of hana kimi and i love it!!! it rocks!!! the last episode is a 2 hour one and i'm gonna save it for when i have time to watch all of it!!!

i wanted to share this clip from hana kimi episode 11, it's so funny, i laughed my head off!!!

Back to top Go down
Serenity

Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 2:57 pm

Thats cute Angel Fangs. XD Which Hana Kimi series did you watch? I think there are two versions of Hana Kimi.
Back to top Go down
meesh

meesh

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 7:09 pm

I knew I'd forgotten at least one drama. I've watched Akihabara@DEEP too.

Akiba is just a short form of Akihabara.

And you do gotta give those guys credit, they did pretty good on that cheer.
Back to top Go down
angel fangs

angel fangs

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 8:08 am

Serenity wrote:
Thats cute Angel Fangs. XD Which Hana Kimi series did you watch? I think there are two versions of Hana Kimi.

the japanese one!!! i tried the taiwanese version, but i found it a bit hard to get into!!! and the japanese one has lots of gorgeous actors in it!!! Embarassed

meesh wrote:
I knew I'd forgotten at least one drama. I've watched Akihabara@DEEP too.

Akiba is just a short form of Akihabara.

And you do gotta give those guys credit, they did pretty good on that cheer.

ah, i wondered, thanks meesh!!! is akihabara @ deep worth watching, is the storyline good??? i've only watched half an episode so far and i'm wondering what the plotline is!!! i think the cheer is wonderful!!! they're the best male cheerleaders i've ever seen!!! and i've seen a surprisingly large amount of cheerleaders for living in a country that doesn't have cheerleaders!!! Surprised

ok, i finished hana kimi!!! and i've watched the special they did after the series too!!! it was so good!!! i loved it!!!
Back to top Go down
meesh

meesh

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:31 am

Akiahabara@DEEP is cute. It's kinda random and strange, but if you like Ikuta Toma (Nakatsu from Hana Kimi) you'll probably like it.

If it's cute boys you're looking for..and the same girl as Hana Kimi (Horikita Maki) try Atashinchi no Danchi. Mei-Chan no Shitsuji has Mizushima Hero (Nanba), Kyo Nobuo (Oscar) and Iwasa Mayuko (Hibari) as well as a bunch of hot guys in tuxes.
Back to top Go down
angel fangs

angel fangs

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 8:31 am

meesh wrote:
Akiahabara@DEEP is cute. It's kinda random and strange, but if you like Ikuta Toma (Nakatsu from Hana Kimi) you'll probably like it.

If it's cute boys you're looking for..and the same girl as Hana Kimi (Horikita Maki) try Atashinchi no Danchi. Mei-Chan no Shitsuji has Mizushima Hero (Nanba), Kyo Nobuo (Oscar) and Iwasa Mayuko (Hibari) as well as a bunch of hot guys in tuxes.

nakatsu is in akihabara @ deep??? wow, i missed that!!! Embarassed

i'm so gonna watch atashinchi no danchi next, thanks for recommending that!!! it looks great!!! i've actually watched like 6 episodes of mei chan no shitsuji, but i stopped cos i found hana kimi and started watching that!!! i'll have to finish it!!! does nanba senpai play rhito san (mei's butler)??? and is he in your siggy??? Surprised

right now i'm watching the 1st shop of coffee prince!!! it's really good!!! and kim jae wook is in it!!! i actually shouted his name when i saw him cos i didn't know he was in it!!!
Back to top Go down
meesh

meesh

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:41 pm

Yeah, Nanba sempai is Rihito, and yes he's in my sig. If you really like him he does a great goofy/cute cop in Mr. Brain.
Back to top Go down
angel fangs

angel fangs

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:44 am

meesh wrote:
Yeah, Nanba sempai is Rihito, and yes he's in my sig. If you really like him he does a great goofy/cute cop in Mr. Brain.

yay!!! i actually realised it was him!!! do you know how much of the manga the drama includes??? cos i just read chapter 30 of mei chan no shitsuji and it was horrible!!! and i don't wanna watch that scene!!!

i just finished episode 5 of the 1st shop of coffee prince!!! all i can say is a wet kim jae wook is the stuff of my fangirly dreams!!! and i wonder who eun chan will end up with her boss han kyul, who is mean to her and thinks she is a boy or han seong who is in the music industry and owns the dulux doggy!!! i hope han seong breaks up with his girlfriend cos she's flirting with his cousin and her exboyfriend!!!
Back to top Go down
meesh

meesh

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:01 am

The only korean (I assume it's korean) drama I've watched is thier version of Hana Yori Dango (Boys over flowers). I liked the lead better than I liked MatsuJun.

As for Mei-Chan, it's different from the anime. i don't want to spoil it...let's just say I was pretty happy with the ending.
Back to top Go down
angel fangs

angel fangs

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:02 am

meesh wrote:
The only korean (I assume it's korean) drama I've watched is thier version of Hana Yori Dango (Boys over flowers). I liked the lead better than I liked MatsuJun.

As for Mei-Chan, it's different from the anime. i don't want to spoil it...let's just say I was pretty happy with the ending.

yep, it's a korean drama!!! i've never watched boys over flowers, i tried the manga but i didn't like the art or storyline!!! by matsujun do you mean jun matsumoto the actor???

i never watched the mei chan no shitsuji anime, i read the manga though!!! i'll have to finish the 1st shop of coffee prince quickly and watch it then!!!
Back to top Go down
meesh

meesh

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:04 pm

Sorry, my bad I meant manga not anime. Yeah, I've been here too long I guess if I'm even refering to Matsumoto Jun as MatsuJun when I'm typing.
Back to top Go down
angel fangs

angel fangs

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:09 am

meesh wrote:
Sorry, my bad I meant manga not anime. Yeah, I've been here too long I guess if I'm even refering to Matsumoto Jun as MatsuJun when I'm typing.

oh, that's ok!!! i'm glad it's different from the manga cos of what happens to rihito in chapter 30 of the manga!!!

by here do you mean otakudom??? cos i think we've all been here too long!!! Laughing and matsujun is his nickname, so that's fine!!! wikipedia said so!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
meesh

meesh

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:59 pm

nope, by here I mean Japan. It's been almost 11 months now...and it could be up to 13 more.
Back to top Go down
angel fangs

angel fangs

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:23 pm

meesh wrote:
nope, by here I mean Japan. It's been almost 11 months now...and it could be up to 13 more.

oh, i didn't realise it was a japanese thing!!! that sounds wonderful, 2 years in japan!!! how are you coping???

ok, i'm in the middle of episode 10 of coffee prince and i wish eun chan would stop crying all the time!!!
Back to top Go down
Akiahara
Admin
Akiahara

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:38 pm

matsujun FTMFW!!

i didn't like him so much in hana yori dango, but i have to say that his other photoshoots are freaking hoooooooooooot.

and it's not matsujun that i really didn't like... in HYD, it was his character. i liked ryu better. XD
Back to top Go down
https://otakuescape.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live Action, anyone?   Live Action, anyone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live Action, anyone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next