otaku escape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The escape for anime veterans and fledglings.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

sookie on tv

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
angel fangs

angel fangs

sookie on tv Empty
PostSubject: sookie on tv   sookie on tv I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:22 am

ok, i've found out that the sookie stackhouse stories have been made in to a tv series and it's finally being aired in britain soon!!! i wanted to ask, is it any good??? did anyone watch it when it was on in america??? cos if it's good i'll have to watch it!!!
Back to top Go down
kimya
Mod Queen
kimya

sookie on tv Empty
PostSubject: Re: sookie on tv   sookie on tv I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 3:49 pm

I watch it!!! I freaking love it! I"ve never read the books really but from what I hear its kind of different from the story in the books. But its really really good. You should definitely watch it. Just don't expect it to follow the story in the books to the letter. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://kimya-san.deviantart.com/
angel fangs

angel fangs

sookie on tv Empty
PostSubject: Re: sookie on tv   sookie on tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 4:39 am

kimya wrote:
I watch it!!! I freaking love it! I"ve never read the books really but from what I hear its kind of different from the story in the books. But its really really good. You should definitely watch it. Just don't expect it to follow the story in the books to the letter. Smile

yay, i'll have to watch it then!!! i just found a trailer for it and it looks fab!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
meesh

meesh

sookie on tv Empty
PostSubject: Re: sookie on tv   sookie on tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:48 am

Don't expect it to be like the books. It isn't. It's more like the Bones version of the Kathy Reich books...the same main character(s) but the stories are very different. I like it, it is good, but it's not a live version of the books.
Back to top Go down
angel fangs

angel fangs

sookie on tv Empty
PostSubject: Re: sookie on tv   sookie on tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:29 am

meesh wrote:
Don't expect it to be like the books. It isn't. It's more like the Bones version of the Kathy Reich books...the same main character(s) but the stories are very different. I like it, it is good, but it's not a live version of the books.

oh, i wonder why they did that then!!! i never understand why things change when it's turned into a movie or tv series!!!
Back to top Go down
meesh

meesh

sookie on tv Empty
PostSubject: Re: sookie on tv   sookie on tv I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:10 am

I think there's lots of reasons...Most books are first person narrative where much, if not all, of the action is only what the main character sees...Which doesn't really work for tv. And sometimes the storyline might not translate well to TV. Maybe they only like one character from the book, but think they can carry a story in a diferent situation (a la Bones).

If you've seen the movie Sahara and liked it, try reading the book...It's extremely different. But! it works.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

sookie on tv Empty
PostSubject: Re: sookie on tv   sookie on tv I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:54 am

Season 2 is even less like the books than season 1. Sadly I think it's take too big a tangent already with some of the characters.

I think it would be wonderful if you've never read the books, but having read the first 4 books season 2 is sort of leaving a weird taste in my mouth. *shrugs*

I'd say give it a go and then decide.
Back to top Go down
http://annieroo2.livejournal.com/9298.html
Akiahara
Admin
Akiahara

sookie on tv Empty
PostSubject: Re: sookie on tv   sookie on tv I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:42 am

gross. season 2 is LESS like the books?!

fuck. i love the sookie series - some of my favorite books - and i just can't stand TV adaptations. there's not a single character in that whole show that acts like their character in the book.... not only did they change the story line, they changed character histories and personalities. i have a huge problem with that.

uuuugugggghh. i'll probably watch it to see how bad it gets... again. every week i used to watch it then go scream and yell about it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://otakuescape.darkbb.com
angel fangs

angel fangs

sookie on tv Empty
PostSubject: Re: sookie on tv   sookie on tv I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:34 am

ok i missed the first episode of trueblood cos there was a huge thunder storm all day and the tv dish wouldn't work cos of the weather!!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
kimya
Mod Queen
kimya

sookie on tv Empty
PostSubject: Re: sookie on tv   sookie on tv I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:06 pm

See, I Love this show. Its a really really great show. But I've never read the books. I bought the first one but I haven't read it yet. I'm afraid of the books ruining the show for me or the show ruining the books for me. Lol. Either way I think I'll have to give it a try. I know someone who did both and enjoyed both. We'll see. I think the show is amazing though.
Back to top Go down
http://kimya-san.deviantart.com/
Akiahara
Admin
Akiahara

sookie on tv Empty
PostSubject: Re: sookie on tv   sookie on tv I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:24 pm

i actually feel disgusted at this show. seriously. I HATE IT.

i can't even describe how much. i get all tingly and pissed off.

i tried to watch the first episode of the second season and was like... WTF IS THIS SHIT?!?!?!!?!

i just happened to wake up to it from a nap (that'll teach me to leave it on HBO, i guess...), and i feel the fandom rage. Laughing it really is like they took the environment and the names, raped them, and then forced them into an alternate universe.

sookie hates eric? jason supports the fellowship of the sun? bill makes a weird teenage vampire? tara is just... WHAT?!.... jason and sookie are like, watching TV and crying in a bed at the moment. and lafayette?! WHY IS HE THERE AT ALL?!!?

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

UGH! HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE!

they don't even keep personalities in tact, and make major characters out of minor ones! it's just... UGH.

i couldn't imagine being an author and having people do that to my series. i hope LKH is too much of a control freak to let them rape anita the way they've raped sookie...
Back to top Go down
https://otakuescape.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

sookie on tv Empty
PostSubject: Re: sookie on tv   sookie on tv I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sookie on tv
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
otaku escape :: The Real Deal :: TV & Movies-
Jump to: